We encourage children to take a pride in wearing their school uniform. Badged items and ties are available to order from Goyals at 28 Bridge Street, Maidenhead, SL6 8BJ (Telephone: 01628 639725). They may also be bought online at https://goyalsmaidenhead.co.uk. This includes school jumpers, summer uniform shirts and PE shirts. Other items are available in the shop or you may find them in local stores, but please note our preferred style and colours for skirts and trousers.
There is a second-hand uniform shop run by the PSA. For more information, visit: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/sterfpsa
Our aim is to look smart and formal so we ask that you conform to the following guidelines.
- Long hair (touching the shoulders) should be tied up with a plain dark blue, grey, white or black band.
- Shaven heads (No. 1s) are not allowed.
- Artificial hair colours/dyes are not allowed.
- Plain stud earrings only.
- No other jewellery is allowed.
- Some pupils do wear jewellery for religious reasons but with discretion. All jewellery must be removed for PE and practical lessons.
Nail varnish and make-up is not allowed.
Please ensure that all uniform items are clearly labelled with your child's name.
Our PSA have organised a link with Stikins who sell labels which require no sewing or ironing. If you order labels through Stikins, you will be helping to raise funds for the school.
Order at www.stikins.co.uk and quote fundraising number 19376.
- Grey trousers (full length)
- Grey skirt (plain knee length)
- Tailored grey shorts
- Long-sleeved blue shirt worn with school tie
- Long-sleeved blue revere blouse with school crestG
- Short-sleeved blue shirt with school crest, worn with school tieG
- Short-sleeved blue revere collar blouse with school crestG
- Navy blue v-neck knitted jumper with school crestG
- Grey socks or grey tights (Socks must not be trainer socks)
- Black school shoes (not black trainers or boots; no high heels)
All shirts and blouses should be tucked in.
Any pupil wearing a shirt, (rather than an open neck school blouse) whether long-sleeved or short-sleeved and even if it has a logo, will be expected to wear a tie all year round. (Please note that in exceptionally high temperatures the entire school community will be given permission to go ‘tie free’.)
On days when pupils have PE, they should attend school in full PE kit wearing trainers. When they do not have PE, they must attend school in full school uniform including proper school shoes.
- Rugby shirt with crestG
- Technical top with crestG
- Navy blue shorts (plain)
- Navy blue football socks
- Football boots*
- Shin Pads*
- Gum Shield*
* will be used for more than one topic
- White trainer socks - summer term only
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms/joggers (plain - no visible logos; no leggings)
- Navy blue hoodieG
- Mid layer top with crestG
G Items can only purchased from Goyals
All pupils should have the following items, in a labelled pencil case, in school every day:
- Two pencils (one a 2B pencil for Art)
- Handwriting pen with blue ink
- 30cm ruler
- Glue stick
- Pencil sharpener
- Coloured pencils
- Pair of compasses
- Headphones for use in class
- Highlighter / different coloured pen for marking work
- Water bottle
- Cycle helmet (if cycling)
You will need a bag for carrying books and equipment to and from school. Please ensure it is large enough for the purpose but not overwhelming!
All clothing and equipment must be clearly named.