SEND at St Edward's ROYAL FREE
Our school community reflects and celebrates the diversity of our pupils including those with disabilities. We recognise that all our young people have strengths and talents and we aim to enable them to fulfil their potential by offering challenge and support as necessary. We aim to work closely with parents and in partnership with a variety of external support services in order to fulfil the needs and potential of every child.
Our SEND aims
- Include all children in the school community and enable all pupils to access the curriculum
- Enable all children with SEND to fulfil their potential and make progress through high quality teaching
- Prepare all children for a successful transfer to their next phase of schooling
- Overcome potential barriers to learning
- Respond to pupils’ diverse learning needs
- Deliver Quality First Teaching for all pupils
The SEND Team
- Mrs L Mckenzie (SENDCo)
- Mrs A Hopkins (Inclusion Manager)
- Mrs L Corfe (SEND Governor)
Pupils are also supported in various ways by our team of dedicated Learning Support Assistants.
- Form tutors are the first point of contact to discuss pupil concerns.
- Either call our front office or contact the form tutor via email at email@example.com
- Please include some explanation and context of your concerns as this enables form tutors to collect information before they contact you.
- Form tutors will pass on relevant information to other staff, Heads of Year and the school SENDCo.
- If, after your initial discussion, it becomes clear that input from other staff is needed, you will be directed to specific subject teachers or the school SENDCo.